Sacramento, CA Firm Handling Wills, Trusts & Estates
Wealth preservation and asset protection by an estate planning attorney
When a crisis occurs, you or your loved ones may be forced to make difficult legal, tax and health-care decisions. A little planning now can go a long way toward protecting your assets for future generations—and protecting those future generations from costly probate. At the Bedell Law Office, we help clients plan ahead with professional estate planning services that include will and trust drafting, probate administration and litigation, asset protection and tax planning and guidance for executors and trustees. Whether we’re drafting a special-needs trust or clarifying the responsibilities of an executor, we navigate clients through the tax implications and legal formalities of estate planning. We serve individuals and couples in Sacramento, San Benito, Placer, Monterey, Yolo, Santa Cruz, Santa Clara and Alameda counties and throughout Northern California—with extensive experience in estate planning for middle-aged, newly retired and same-sex couples.
Estate planning services with distinctive benefits in Sacramento
While a comprehensive estate plan provides security for you and your loved ones, it requires the meticulous attention and foresight of an experienced attorney. With more than a decade of experience, founding member Jeffrey I. Bedell develops tax-sensitive estate plans that are customized to the unique needs and objectives of each client. From addressing concerns about death taxes to implementing asset-protection measures, we offer:
- Clear advice: We offer straightforward advice to simplify the otherwise complicated matters of estate planning. We steer our clients toward intelligent planning and meaningful results.
- Professionalism: Every person’s family and situation is different. All our services are focused on your individual situation.
- Responsiveness: We respond to emails and calls within 24 hours.
Knowledgeable on a variety of effective estate planning techniques
Estate planning is a complex process that, when performed thoroughly, involves a variety of legal documents and actions. The Bedell Law Office mitigates the potential for ambiguities or unintended distribution of assets by implementing individualized strategies for the following estate planning techniques:
- Wills: An important part of any estate plan, a will reduces the potential for adverse legal, financial and tax consequences to your estate.
- Trusts: Whether used to reduce tax liability or to help avoid the family member disputes so prevalent in probate cases, drafting a trust has several notable benefits for estate planning.
- Probate administration and litigation: Generally necessary in California if a person has more than $150,000 in assets held in their name when they die, probate can be a costly and complicated process.
- Asset protection and tax planning: Through techniques such as gifts of property, insurance and retirement plans, you can optimize the security of your assets and legally deter creditors.
- Responsibilities of executors and trustees: If a loved one dies with a will or trust, the responsibilities of executors and trustees can seem overwhelming without legal counsel.
Plan ahead and plan properly — call the Bedell Law Office today
The Bedell Law Office equips clients with the estate planning tools and resources they need to establish control of their wealth — today, tomorrow and years into the future. Call 916.473.1067 or contact us online for your free initial consultation. We respond to all calls and emails within 24 hours. Our services are always priced fairly and our office is easily accessible by public transportation.